How To Handle Misunderstandings With The One You Love
We enter into a relationship with one goal in mind. That is to be with the one we love until the end of time. In order to ensure our goal is achieved, we find ways to make our relationship works. Unfortunately as much as we want to keep it working, along the way we meet setbacks and misunderstandings which could temporarily affect whatever we have invested. But it shouldn’t end here. We need to learn how to handle misunderstandings so we could move forward towards our goal.
- Keep your end goal in mind. Again if you know in yourself that your goal is to marry or be with the one you love, it will be very easy for you to handle misunderstandings. No matter how big or small the problem will be, it is just nothing compared to your goal of living with him or her through thick and thin, for better or for worse to eternity.
- Consider what’s at stake. Misunderstandings are normal to any relationship because you are an emotional being. Every time you have a fight with the one you love please consider what’s at stake. Be careful with your words. Know that every quarrel, your relationship is at stake as well as the months or years you invested just to keep your relationship working.
- Remember that no one is perfect. It is one of the famous truths that no human being is perfect. There are times that you are weak and you commit faults. Sometimes you spit out harsh words that hurt your partner and vice versa. Learn from the experience of others. Lower your pride and just choose to accept shortcomings and focus on your love for him or her.
- Be quick to ask forgiveness. Admit it or not it takes great courage to ask forgiveness especially if you made a big mistake that adversely affects your relationship including the trust you have with each other. Don’t get tired of asking forgiveness and be sincere about it and as much as possible avoid such things of happening again. If you’re the one who’s asked, assess the situation first by considering the pros and cons before forgiving him or her. Request him or her to stand by his words and make a promise to not do it again. Remember if you love someone, forgiveness is at hand.
- Choose silence. I always believe that there are times that “silence is the best argument” especially if your girlfriend or boyfriend is not giving you time to answer to his or her argument. For these cases better to keep silent until he’s or she’s finished. Just give him or her enough time to voice his or her side out. At the end of the day your goal is to bring your relationship back to its original form without any hatred inside. However choosing to keep silent all the time is not good anymore. You have to be mature enough to know when to be silent and when to react. It should be based on situation. After all it boils down to humility.
I would like to end with this famous quote I read online, “A relationship is not holding hands while you understand each other; it’s about having lots of misunderstandings and still not leaving each other’s hands.” – Unknown
To your rich future,
Lebert “Futurich” Omac
P.S. Don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter and share this blog to your friends. You can also like my page at www.facebook.com/futurichsociety.